•The Iron Triangle dictates that the relationship between good, fast & cheap are linked and that you can always and only have 2 of the 3.
• With the advent of digital imagery and photorealistic 3D renderings, this Iron Triangle has been broken.
• Option 1: Hire a Photography Studio - photography is great for quality images but it is expensive and slow.
• Option 2: Build a Studio and Employ a Photographer - in-house studio produces good images but it is expensive.
• Option 3: Hire a 3D Studio with Mattress Experience - Bedhead Marketing provides quality product images that won't break the bank.
BEGIN ARTICLE HERE
In business, the "Iron Triangle" dictates that the relationship between good, fast & cheap are linked and that you can always and only have 2 of the 3. In mattress imagery, that has been true...until now.
With the advent of digital imagery and photorealistic 3D renderings, this Iron Triangle has been broken. Not only can organizations get high quality imagery quickly, but also drive down their current costs....but there's a catch.
You can Pick Any 2: Good, Fast Cheap
• Good + Fast = Expensive
• Good + Cheap = Slow
• Fast + Cheap = Poor Quality
Option 1: Hire a Photography Studio
In the past, if you wanted good quality imagery, it meant either hiring a photographer and paying for an entire photo shoot or using low-quality stock photos. This meant shipping mattresses (generally at your expense, most of the time not getting the mattress back). If you want an amazing room, you may even be paying to rent a space. The limitations of photography are undeniable: the room setting limitations, the product condition/appearance, inability to produce component imagery & animations, the time from shipping to delivery, etc.
Photography: Great images, expensive and slow (and not eco-friendly)
Option 2: Build a Studio and Employ a Photographer
Alternatively, you could build your own studio but that is expensive, generally limits your shots and still requires personnel to manage that with multiple skillsets of photography and digital editing. This studio can range from $30k - $100k, + lighting, cameras, backdrops, etc. This employee could cost $60k - $100k depending on where you are in the country and the level of competence. You will also sacrifice precious real estate that could be working to make you money.
In-house Studio: Good Images, Expensive & Faster
Option 3: Hire a 3D Studio with Mattress Experience
Now, with 3D product visualization, you can get high-quality product images without the high price tag or the long wait time. There are some organizations working with general 3D artists, however, the time it takes to explain the nuance of a mattress and the ultimate results are often uninspired.
3D Studio: High Quality Images, Faster & Less Total Costs
But there's a catch..
You have to use the right 3D studio or risk poorer quality imagery, taking more time and costing you more in labor (working hours). Bedhead Marketing exists because we have been able to break the Iron Triangle and provide product image solutions that are: Beautiful, Saves Time, Affordable because of our experience in 3D as well as the Bedding Industry.
• Quality: Our team of experts have years of experience in product visualization, 3D rendering, animation, and photography, but most importantly we've developed mattresses and merchandised products at the highest level. This allows us to produce the most accurate results in your imagery. The better the imagery, the more enticing your product becomes to the buyer!
• Speed: It takes about 4-5 business days to get you your first round of images with 2 rounds of revisions included. This can vary, sometimes we're much faster, but ultimately we reduce the cost of your time spent with our proven triage methodology which captures everything we need to know about the mattress up front so we're not bouncing back-and-fourth. We read your RAW Spec sheets and interpret them with you to ensure that there's limited iteration. The faster you can roll product images, the faster your organization is making money!
• Affordability: Compared to traditional photography, not only are we faster (time is money), spend less of your time (hourly wage cost), and generally less than photo shoots, we can deliver increased value with the image asset with tools like animations, component shots, videos and more! These dynamic assets are very expensive if using traditional video methods, but product animations are affordable and effective.
If you're looking for high-quality product images that won't break the bank, 3D product visualization is the way to go. You can get beautiful renders that are accurate to your product in a fraction of the time and cost of traditional photography methods.
At Bedhead Marketing, we specialize in mattress industry and have the experience and know-how to get you the best results for your product. Contact us today to learn more about how we can help you break the Iron Triangle and get great product images that will help sell your products!